Resource Media is delighted to be supporting Green Meme’s forthcoming Most Amazing Online Organizing Guide Ever. Some of our staff have deep roots in the organizing world, and all of our partners are working daily to increase the engagement of online supporters.
Inspired by this project, we devoted a recent staff call to tweetworthy advice for organizations looking to grow and fire up their base.
Here’s what we came up with. Would love to hear your best organizing tips in 140 characters or less. Hit us up at @RMedia.
- Social media is a verb, not a noun. Just do it.
- We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Get to know your audience by listening first.
- It’s a noisy world out there. The best way to be heard is to get the chorus singing your tune.
- Celebrate incremental wins. Small tastes of success along the way will fuel your supporters to keep up the fight.
- Creating change is about people not process. Aim to impact hearts, not just minds.
- When we care, we share. Make your work personal. For you and your community.
- Shine a light on the problem, but keep the focus on solutions. Hope inspires.
- Good content catches the eye, speaks to the heart and is easy to share.
- If you want to build a movement, you have to start with the right tools.
- Good deeds are contagious. Everyone wants credit for theirs. Use social media to facilitate a virtuous cycle.
- Give before you get. If your organization provides value, supporters are more likely to rise to the occasion when asked to help.
Give us your best advice in the comments section below, or tweet at us @RMedia.